resources – contact me to add to this page (including additional topics)
These resources are not exhausted, but give you a place to start. I will add more as I blog (and I hope you will too)!I do not endorse any of the resources or receive any payment for providing these to you. This is a list of the resources that I thought would be helpful for you.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- On Twitter, be sure to #MS. You will find a lot of web resources there. If you are not on Twitter, I highly recommend it.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - http://nationalmssociety.org/index.aspxb
- MS On-Line Cmmunity - http://www.msconnection.org/
- Blog: Living Well With MS - http://livingwellwithmultiplesclerosis.blogspot.com/
- Blog: MS Strength - http://www.msstrength.com/ Jen covers a range of topics related to MS and also resources.
- Book: Managing MS: STraight Talk from a Thirty-One Year Survivor – Debbie Petrina http://amzn.to/KilexZ
Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)
- (TN Association) The Facial Pain Association - http://www.fpa-support.org/ The primary resource for people who have TN or other facial pain.
- TNA Facial Pain Network – http://fpa-support.ning.com/ Forum to meet people who have TN and other facial pain. People also blog on this forum
- The Pained Life: 30 years, and counting, of living with chronic pain - Carol Blogs about her experience with TN; Carol also has a Twitter acct: https://twitter.com/#!/leejcarol
- Facial Neuralgia Resources - http://facial-neuralgia.org/ - Identifies TN treatments, support groups, chats, literature, etc.
- Living with TN - Website with support groups, information, blogs, chats, finding doctors and more
- Book: A Pained Life by Carol J Levy; A Pained Life on Facebook
- Striking Back The Trigeminal Neuralgia and Face Pain Handbook 2004 - George Weigel: Considered to be the primary book/info for people with TN
- Book: End The Pain compiled and edited by Suzanne Grenell; a book of poems written by people who have TN
- Book: The Official Patient’s Sourcebook on Trigeminal Neuralgia - James N. Parker, M.D. and Philip M. Parker, M.D., editors – This book is FILLED with online and print resources, definitions, understanding TN and surgical and pharmacological treatments and more. Excellent comprehensive guide.
- On Twitter, @NEDP (National Diabetes Education) is a resource. If you are not on Twitter, I highly recommend it
- Many of the following groups can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.
- American Diabetes Association - http://www.diabetes.org/ This is considered the primary resource for people with diabetes. YOu have access to anything about diabetes.
- Diabetic Living - http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/
- Diabetes Daily - http://www.diabetesdaily.com/ - As a member, you have access to recipes, free cookbooks, blogs about diabetes and eating well, plua you can interact with other members in a forum.
- Diabetes Sisters - http://www.diabetessisters.org/ - They have resources, advocacy, support group network and more for women.
- National Diabetes Education Program - http://ndep.nih.gov/ Access to publications and resources.
Death of a Loved One
Breast Cancer (BC)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation - http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ The official site for breast cancer.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - http://www.komen.org/ A popular site for information on breast cancer and finding community.
- Caroline’s Breast Cancer Blog - http://carolinemfr.blogspot.com/
- Blog – proudliving - http://proudliving.wordpress.com/ Natalie, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, blogs about her experience. However, that is not the primary purpose of this blog. Proudliving is a “sharing community for inspired living.”
- Book: Defending Hope – Natalie Proudfoot. This is a brand-new book. It is a book about cancer and grieving and a 13 year-old named Hope. I will let you know when it will be available to the public.